• What’s coming up on Sunday Kos …
- They fled from swastikas in Germany to HBCUs in the Jim Crow south, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Why many are willing to ignore Trump-Russia, by David Akadjian
- Donald Trump’s staggering litany of national security hypocrisy and failure, by Frank Vyan Walton
- School choice, segregation by another name, by Mark E Andersen
- Loyal to country or loyal to Trump, by Ian Reifowitz
- In praise of Donald Trump, by Jon Perr
- We must not allow snake oil marketing of Trumpcare to gain traction, by Egberto Willies
- A free press: The fourth estate, by Susan Grigsby
- Trump visit to Israel could mean land mines ahead, by Sher Watts Spooner
- ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED, by DarkSyde
Maddow is the most watched show on cable TV:
On Wednesday night, MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show drew more viewers than every other primetime program to become the most watched broadcast on cable news. The Rachel Maddow Show drew 2.875 million total viewers on May 17, while Tucker Carlson was watched by 2.748 million viewers on Fox News. The rest of the MSNBC lineup was competitive or beat Fox News, with the exception of All In with Chris Hayes which lost to Carlson by nearly 700,000 viewers. Hardball with Chris Matthews also drew slightly more viewers than All In. The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell ran neck and neck with Sean Hannity as both shows drew more than 2.4 million viewers, and The 11th Hour continues to be a success for MSNBC as it defeated all competition in its 11 PM ET timeslot.
The mayor of Cincinnati has tearfully apologized to city police after his office unwittingly approved a proclamation honoring a man suspected of killing an officer in an ambush.
Mayor John Cranley delivered his apology Thursday at the police union hall, saying the proclamation was stamped by a new staffer. He said he also called the officer’s widow to apologize.
“As for the state of affairs specifically at Elon Musk’s company, it would be difficult to carry out such a mission in 2018, and even in 2020,” Vladimir Solntsev, general director of RSC Energia, the primary contractor for Russia’s human spaceflight program, said in a wide-ranging Q&A with the Russian news agency TASS.
“Nobody has yet even seen the designs. There’s no launch vehicle, no spacecraft,” Solntsev added. “The Crew Dragon spacecraft designed for missions to the ISS and Falcon 9 launch vehicle are a far cry from a spacecraft and a rocket that are needed for a mission towards the moon.”
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) on Wednesday announced a new initiative to curb methane emissions from the state’s agricultural, oil and gas, and landfill sectors. According to state data, by weight, methane accounts for 9 percent of the state’s overall greenhouse gas emissions, but it is the second-largest contributor to climate change, due to its outsized heat-trapping properties.
On today’s Kagro in the Morning show: Trumpshables Abroad! How to Babysit The Donald. Trump wants Flynn probe dropped… so he can rehire him! Chaffetz has one foot out the door, while Nunes has his hand in the cookie jar. Your weekend roundup of smartbrain reading on the special counsel.